Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tecumseh Triathlon Recap

The Tecumseh Triathlon Weekend was another successful event that raised many thousands for Fitness For Hospice

Unfortunately, I caught a bug a couple days prior to the event.  I was in rough shape Saturday evening, and it took everything to get out of bed race morning.  Not showing up to help support this race was never an option.  However, I knew that it would be wise to tempo the swim and bike and then cheer everyone on.  When I arrived at the race course, I really wanted to race, and tried to convince myself that I was going to have a great day.  I felt good in the swim, but knew as soon as i jumped on the bike that the power numbers were off.  With Nationals on the horizon, I had to use discipline and make the difficult decision to throttle right down and "fight another day".  it was shame to not be able to have a go, as the pro men's field was without question that deepest and most talented of any triathlon in Ontario this year.

Although I was a bit under the weather, I was VERY excited to cheer on a huge Team LPC / Loaring Physio contingent of about 40 athletes. 

A few random pics that I hope capture the spirit of the event:

047 
Me with my beautiful Bre.

023 
Gramps during the 6.2k run on the hottest day Canada has experienced in 2009.

029
Paniche, Raquel, Colleen, and Coach Jeff Cowan.

031 Travis Goron exiting T2.

Windsor Traithl 016
Supermom and Annika cheering on Team LPC.

034
Pete Diponio shortly after a smashing bike leg.

050
Janet and Maverick taking a break from supporting Team LPC, and finally finding the only piece of shade on a scorcher of a day.

061 Dave finished 5th overall, a solid result that served as a tune-up for his upcoming HIM.  Don't act like you're not impressed.

Windsor Traithl 014 Gramps and Auntie Cha-cha.
 057 Mike and Dawn Van Vlack.  Mike participated on one of a dozen LPC relays, and Dawn had a solid performance, winning her age-group, and taking home a nice pay cheque.

Team LPC - 8-09-09 Jim "Warrior King" Cooke and his Team LPC-Lighthouse Cove relay team enjoying the day after battle.

No comments: