Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Hard Yards

Training is rolling along at the PTC. It is a great environment and I am really enjoying the training. My final triathlon of the year is on Nov 10th in San Fran--so this a 'hard yard' push phase. Just like my big sis--I also love the fall. It is a pleasure to be running and biking while admiring all of the beautiful trees and leaves that surround me.

Tuesday and Wednesday are solid days of training at the PTC. Tuesday's swim included a main set of 20x50m with paddles in :31 on :55. That definitely wore out the body for the 2nd main set of 6x200m. Coach T wanted me to descend 1-6 starting at 2:20 and working down to 2:15--but I was in big trouble after the first one. I managed to hold 2:21's and was toast at the end. The fitness and strength will hopefully be there in two weeks. Tuesday evening's run including a main set of 3 loops of the 2k Arboretum trail--an awesomely hard undulating trail that I will be banking thousands of 'hard yards' on. I was supposed to descend these loops but I started out aggressive and when Coach T yelled "the contract says descend so you have no choice", then I knew I was going to have to enter the hurt box to improve each loop. I managed it and posted a 19:50 for this challenging 6k. Ok for now--but it needs to dip under 19 by Nov 10. Today was another hard swim and a solid tempo bike in the rolling hills of the Guelph countryside. I am looking forward to heading to the hometown this weekend and cheering on my friends and Team LPC members at the Detroit Free Press Marathon.

1 comment:

Born To Endure said...

Hey James..I'll be at the Detroit Marathon too!! Going to be running a leg of the relay..hope to see you!!