Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Love Fall by Charlotte Loaring




Sunday, October 14th
10:30am Run
Ojibway Park, Windsor

Blue-bird sky. 52 degrees. The wind gently tickles my skin. Three sounds: my breathing, birds chirping, and crickets. A rabbit rustles in the bush ahead. I'm running on a soft canopy of freshly fallen leaves. The rays of the sun pierce through the overhang of trees - beams of magic keeping me warm. Leaves of every colour - green, orange, red, yellow - just starting to turn. Do you know what freshly fallen leaves smell like? What about melting frost? My lungs take it all in - right down to the lower lobes. This air. This amazing air that the trees just expired for me. My senses are heightened. I'm making my way through the trails - no map or watch required. Time means nothing. My heart knows the way. And suddenly, EUPHORIA! EUPHORIA! This day. THIS DAY! This BEAUTIFUL day!

I love fall.

Charlotte

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GAY