Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Golden Touch

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

At the 2’ mark of this interview, the question was:

“What do you want to say about overcoming hurdles, to get where you are today?”

Tessa provided the nicest testimonial that a physiotherapist could ever ask:

“It was a tough season last year, I’m just so thankful that I had the team around me that I did.  Mary Brannagan, my physiotherapist, is the reason I’m here, so it was so great to share this moment with her.  It was all worth it, all of our dedication and hard work has paid off”.

Tessa is a client at Loaring Physiotherapy and Health Centre.  Mary has been working with her since 2005..using her “magical hands” to help build a champion.  Tessa is a another great example of an athlete overcoming adversity.  Her injuries were extensive and Mary Brannagan did an amazing job in helping her prepare mentally and physically for a golden performance in Vancouver.  Physiotherapists are always working incredibly hard behind the scenes.  It is nice see Mary get the credit that is so well deserved.

I really enjoyed watching Tessa and Scott skate brilliantly, but I am even more impressed with how they handle themselves off the ice.  They are amazing role models, and have a very bright future ahead.

No comments: