Monday, April 6, 2009

Winter Wonderland

It has been just over a week since I said bye-bye to the sun and warmth of Florida.  I did not expect to wake up this morning to a winter wonderland.

Things continue to be very busy!  I am back training at the PTC.  Tyler, Dorelle and Ang have been humbling me in the water.  ADM brought his A game.  Yesterday was another PTC Training Day.  It is always fun to train with the many talented junior elites that come out to these motivating training sessions.  Taylor crushed me in the run wkt.  I was pooped come Sunday evening! 

The weekend started off with the annual Dearborn Health Multi-Sport Symposium.  I was one of several speakers, and really enjoyed the experience.   I encourage those in the KW area to come out to this wonderful learning day next year.

Props to LPC athletes Jane MacLeod, Dennis Masse, Charlotte Loaring, Stef Rossi, and Keith Henry, for successfully tackling the 10mile Miracle Run on Sunday.  Jane, Dennis, and Keith (and I) will be participating in the infamous Triple-T triathlon.  This weekend was there first simulation to prep for that race.  They all raced really well (on a crazy hilly course!!!), especially considering they all rode long the day before.  Pictured below is Char and Dennis before the start of the race. 

MiracleRun2009 
In big news, Annika turns 6 months tomorrow!  Wow time flies when you are having fun!  And being a daddy is lots of fun.  So until the next post (which of course will be tomorrow with a current pic of Annika), I must get back to plugging away...onwards and upwards...

No comments: