Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Recap

Wow, it sure has been an eventful couple of weeks!  And this weekend is another BIG weekend.  I leave shortly for Windsor, and then off to Shawnee State Park in Southern Ohio to tackle the infamous American Triple-T Triathlon.  I fully anticipate this weekend to be one of the most gruelling weekends of my life.  I can say with certainty, that I am looking more forward to this race, then any race that I have ever participated in thus far.  Training has gone well at the PTC the past month, so now it is up to me to almost die trying to finish Triple-T. 

A quick recap of what has been a wonderful couple of weeks:

Saturday May 16 was the New Hamburg 7mile and 3k run race.  It was Annika's athletic debut!  Annika raced the 3k with Breanne, Janet, and Maverick.  Dave and Brian raced the 7mile.  Maverick outkicked Janet, Bre, and Annika, but Annika was still the star of the show.  David and Brian both ran very well.  Dave took the overall win!  ReadyForWar

Here is Annika showing off her game-face and getting ready for war.AnnikaChip

Post-race shot of BJAM.  NewHambergFinished

Champion! Hardware

The following day was a special day, not only because it was Mother's Day, but because it was Annika's Dedication.  Mother's Day is an emotional day for me, having lost my dear mom to breast cancer over 5 years ago.  However, I found comfort in being surrounded by such amazing people.  I am a lucky man to have the best mother-in law in the world, to have a wonderful wife (who is now a mom!), to have a precious adorable baby girl, and to have amazing family and friends.  BreAnnika
Our closest family and friends all congregated at BJAM house, the Salvation Army Church, and Janet and Brian's, for a packed day of celebration.  I eat so much food that I starred at the ceiling all night.  Annika slept 12h non-stop after her BIG weekend.  Imagine that, after 7 months, she has her first huge continuous sleep, and I did not sleep a wink.dedication

Major Abbott and Annika conducting the service.Podium

The god-parents Steph Neil and Miro Tot.Godparents

This past Monday was the Victoria Duathlon.  Dave had a huge performance and won for the third year in a row.  It was really nice conditions, and I had a blast cheering everyone on.  Annika got to fly across the line with the help of her favourite uncle.AnnikaFinishWithUncle

Her is Brian about to start the bike.  He also had a great race!BrianBikeFinish

That is it for now.  I look forward to Triple-T this weekend.  In addition to racing, I am so excited to help cheer on LPC's Dennis Masse, Jane MacLeod, and Keith Henry.  LPC 'alumni' Shelley McKee is also competing.  So stay tuned for a Triple-T update(s) OR just one long report after I have recovered from exhaustion...

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thanks James! Hope you have a super fast race and really enjoy yourself there!