Monday, May 25, 2009

Triple-T Update

The race website states:

Two time Solo Champion, Gordo Byrn, described the last day of the American Triple-T Ohio as the most difficult course he’d ever been on in his career. Take his word for it.

Wow that was very very very tough.  I raced for the win and was reduced to carnage a few k from the finish.  I absolutely crumbled to 7th overall and the last few k were all about putting one foot in front of the other to get to that finish line.  Now I sit in the hotel room and I fear walking down the set of stairs to get to the car to begin the trip home...

A full race report is worthy of this amazing event.  Despite the big blow-up, I am still very pleased with how I raced.  I swam and biked well, hit the nutrition the best I could and thought I paced well.  I suppose in hind-sight the odds were stacked against me to race a good first HIM at an event like this with a unique fatigue at the start line.  While the sane thing would have been to be very patient and 'sally sandbag' the first 3 races to set up for much faster HIM, I knew that it would have been too much time to try and make up.  So I opted the hard yard route, embraced the risk, and went for the win, and then paid a terrible price.  Props to Pady for taking a huge win.  Major props to Shannon Kurek and his amazing organizing team.  This race truly lived up to all the hype.  Team LPC did very well.  Jane MacLeod dominated her division and won all 4 races!  Dennis and Keith executed perfect pacing and had a great final race.  Those buggers are really enjoying seeing me in the mess that I am hehe.  It is not fair that they raced hard and still have a bounce in their stride and I am in a state of neuromuscular bankruptcy.  more in the coming days...

No comments: