Tuesday, October 20, 2009

caught on camera

079Rob Tranter and Anthony Paniccia in the zone at mile 4.5 of the Detroit Free Press Marathon.  This pic was taken just before they tossed their extra layers of clothing at me--I swear they don't normally run (and look) like this.  They really are both quite handsome.

092 Keith Henry enroute to a sub 2h run in the half-marathon--a solid tempo long run to help prep for Ironman Cozumel on Nov 26th.  LPC'ers Helen Robertson and Dawn Van Vlack also had great runs.

078Despite wearing gloves, my poor fingers froze while handing out water.  I need to toughen up.  Better yet, next year I will participate in the half.

037Club Allied Forces members Mike Hay, Tyler Lord, and myself, after the Guelph Thanksgiving Day 10k.  Mike and I are in the process of creating "Club Allied Forces" -- an informal social network of coaches and elite athletes that live near Guelph -- where the  mission is to discuss our thoughts and experiences regarding tri-geek related matters -- all while engaging in purposeful group training sessions. 

Annika ran 17:00 for 5k with a little push from her Uncle.  She made it look very easy as she slept the entire time.

2 comments:

JJ Neely said...

Hey James. I'd love to hear more about your Club Allied Forces and to see if it is something I can be a part of.

James Loaring said...

Hi JJ,

I will keep you in the loop, and get some more info out to you when we get more organized.