Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kona Predictions

I have looked into the crystal ball and here are my picks for the podium:

WOMEN:

1. Rebekah Keat
2. Chrissy Wellington
3. Miranda Carfrae

Darkhorses:
The field minus CW

Why not Chrissy for the win?  Because the entire world is picking her to win, and I think just maybe she will finally prove to be human and have an off day.

MEN:

1. Craig Alexander
2. Eneko Llanos
3. Rasmus Henning

Henning is a big uncertainty and is has the talent and ability to run with Alexander.  It will be interesting how he (and his hand) performs in his first crack at Kona.

Darkhorses:
Raelert, Bozzone

2 comments:

DS said...

Watch out for Potts..... I know he is a long shot, but he can swim and run with the best in the world. It all depends on where he comes off the bike. You know my picks James! Add them to your list. If you beat my picks I will play poker with you and Dale next time you play. And if I win, you have to run a marathon:) hahaha J/K But your going to have to do something for me:)

James Loaring said...

Potts is certainly the ultimate competitor. I would have put him as a Darkhorse if he did not lose valuable training time while recovering from the crash in Chicago. I hope he proves me wrong and makes it on the podium. If the temps are ideal, he might still finish top 3. My podium picks all have proven track records with respect to running in the heat. It is going to be carnage on the run!