Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Big Day

What an incredible week! This past Saturday was the best day of my life. It started in the morning with the Belle River Triathlon. My groomsmen and I formed two relay teams (Spartans versus Trojans). While most groomsmen decide to play golf on the morning of the Big Day, we decided to support this excellent event, where the proceeds went to a great cause. I captained the Spartans and we prevailed and defeated the mighty Trojans. Some thought I was nuts for doing a tri on the day of my wedding. But I just did the swim (which took an entire 6mins20secs), and it was just what I needed to settle the nerves of sheer excitement for the upcoming wedding ceremony.

Team Spartans
Swim = James "CJ" Loaring = The Groom
Bike = Miro "Slavs" Tot = Best Man
Run = Rob "Base" Tranter = Groomsman

Team Trojans
Swim = Anthony "Paniche" Paniccia = Groomsman
Bike = Scotty "The Man" Schelter = Groomsman
Run = David "Pre" Sharratt = Groomsman/Brother-In-Law

It was a great morning and I am lucky to have such an awesome 'Band of Brothers' on my side. I am glad I participated in this event as I would have gone crazy just sitting around doing nothing (except bite my finger nails) until the ceremony began at 3pm.

Perfect weather greeted the ceremony. I was pretty emotional and everything went very well. Bre almost knocked me out with her stunning beauty. The Spartans had one in the morning and I had just married someone even more beautiful than the Helen of Troy. I am a lucky guy.

Some priceless pics were taken and then we were off to the reception. I had an absolute blast--as did many--and the food, dancing, and ouzo, were all exceptional.

I am very fortunate to have married the world's greatest sweetheart. I am fortunate to have so many truly great friends and family in my life. It was the greatest day of my life--a day that was shared by my closest family and friends. On this great day, I not only gained a beautiful wife, but I also gained a beautiful family. Brian, Janet, David, and the entire Sharratt family are truly wonderful. My groomsman are the best friends I could ever ask for. My pop and big sis Char are truly the greatest. My mom was there in spirit. The night before, as I was trying to sleep without success--I could hear her tears of joy coming from above. On the morning of, she brought the sunshine out and her spirit was felt throughout the day. I look forward to an exciting future with my beautiful wife, my beautiful Bre.









LPC's Shelley McKee was in attendance and was nice enough to post some pics and video on her popular blog:


There are tons of pics circulating on Facebook. I will put some more pics eventually once we get the goods from the professional photography and videographer.
A great time was had by all!

No comments: