Monday, November 23, 2009

Hillbilly Trail Run and Intro to "Techy Tuesday"

I jetted down to Windsor this past weekend for 30h of organized chaos. I met with several of my athletes to discuss their tentative 2010 'plan of attack'. Since many popular events fill up a year in advance, decisions have to be made well before the New Year.

Sunday morning was the first Loaring Group Training Day of the new season. We had lots of fun, and I am looking forward to the next one on Dec 20th.

I also managed to jump into the Hillbilly Trail Run put on by the Running Factory. The race was 6k that ran over Malden Park's technical MTB single track trails. Without question, it was the most technical xc course I have ever run on. It was tons of fun and I will talk more about this race in tomorrow's post.

New Series on the Loaring Chronicles

There has never been a series...so maybe it's time. Or maybe it will fall apart after the first instalment. Time will tell.

I am a big tri-geek. I love the gadgets and love the never-ending search for clues. Since a large portion of my current coaching is web-based, I thought I would start a series that explores analyzing gps, HR, and power data, from occasional work-outs and races. In particular, I will comment on the purpose of the work-out, and what implications can be drawn from looking at the data.

Most might find these posts extremely boring. Some might find it interesting. So these posts might be directed more towards the self-proclaimed tri-geeks out there.

The new series..."Techy Tuesday" begins tomorrow. Stay tuned for a brief analysis of Sunday's Hillbilly Trail Run...through the eyes of my Garmin Forerunner 305.

No comments: