Thursday, June 18, 2009

Abra Kadabra

I am trying to find a way to be in 7 places at the same time, and have found myself saying "Abra Kadabra" in the hope that this is becomes feasible.  But of course, hope is not a strategy, and one is now in place.

Originally I was on the start list for this Saturday's ITU Coteau-du-Lac Continental Cup Triathlon.  But then, to my delight, a spontaneous family reunion has presented itself.  It is rare for all of my family (who are mostly sprinkled all over Ontario and California) to get together.  Much of my family has yet to be introduced  to Annika.  When I received word that my Aunt and Uncle from LA were coming down to Windsor for a few days, an informal reunion was born.  So I am very much looking forward to this weekend!  And Annika will get to meet most of her relatives for the first time.  There are other ITU races to be raced so missing ITU Coteau-du-Lac is not a big deal.  ITU Kelowna in August, which also serves as the Canadian Elite Tri Champs, will be a priority race.  Having said all  this, I am still going to squeeze a race in this weekend.  It will only be a 15' drive to my old hometown race, the Leamington Tomatoman Triathlon.  I love this event and have been fortunate to win this race 5 times--I always seem to have a good race.  I have only raced once in the past 5 years (2006), so I look forward to supporting my roots and participating in this fast sprint distance triathlon.

tomatoman

Other races of interest this weekend include:

The Running Factory Moon in June 5k and 10k Run takes place Saturday night in Windsor.  I ordered a jogging stroller for Annika, and look forward to picking it up this weekend and also catching a glimpse of the running road race.

The completely sold-out Guelph Lake Triathlon Weekend also goes down this weekend!  It is a shame that I will be missing my hometown race, but I will be back  to defend Guelph Lake II in September. 

Team LPC will be all over the map this weekend, and several are competing in all of the above events.  And Susan Gaudreau will be tackling the 24 hours of Summer Soltice MTB race this weekend. 

I hope everyone races well and has a fantastic weekend.  But of course, hope is not a strategy--so go out there and kick ass.

And in final news, I look forward to a quick pit-stop at The Bicycle Shop.  2009 electronic Dura-Ace Di2 7970 is in the house and will be installed on my already pimped out Louis Garneau Sonix 6.4 dream machine.  I will have to show pics when the bike is complete.  But it will be cool to try this product out and strange to ride a bike sans cables.

I'm off to squeeze out every second of daylight these next few days, and look forward seeing family, and sleeping when I am dead in 100 years.

No comments: