Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Magnificent Seven

A good week of training is done and done.  This is in remarkable contrast to last week, which involved slightly more than zero training, as I needed a big recovery week after my Triple-T experience.  Today we met at House of BJAM (BJAM is short for Breanne, James, Maverick, and Annika) for a 90k ride, with a 10k neg split run off the bike.  The ride had a main set of 30k of meat.  I stayed non-drafting during the 30k to prep for the upcoming Muskoka Long Course Triathlon next Sunday.  It was an awesome ride, with good company, and decent power numbers. 

june7 046
Pictured above are the Magnificent Seven--about to board the pain train, for a solid ride.  Left to right:  Adrian "I just bought a P3 equipped with NOS" Del Monte, David "I bonked yesterday for the first time in my life but have recovered and will smash you all today" Sharratt, Steve "I am a master navigator" Hewdog, Connor "what am I getting myself into by moving to Guelph and hanging around such tri-geeks " Hammond, Mike "I have a family of 4 and can still smash guys half my age with my 40 average cadence" Hay, Tyler "I am the Lord of all things Power" Lord, and James "I can't wait to roll thru this wkt so I can get home and smash back some burgers and wash them down with beer, all whilst playing with Anni and Mavie" Loaring.

june7 040
Tyler trying to talk Annika into joining us for the ride.
 
june7 042
Annika thinking about whether or not she should ride with the boys--but then realizing that she has to get ready for Lucas' 1st birthday party.

1 comment:

Tyler Lord said...

Love the names!

Solid ride today boys