Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

It was a wonderful Father's Day! The morning kicked off with the Leamington Tomatoman Sprint Triathlon. I had a good race and was fortunate to break the hour mark in first place. The swim in the harbour went really well. I was a bit nervous how I would ride and run off the bike coming into the race. Scott Doel spent 4h doing his 3D wizardry and made lots of adjustments to my Louis Garneau TT8.8 --normally I would not get professionally fit before a race--but I didn't want to leave it for another week. The new position is more comfortable and I think I am now completely dialed in--it is the first time in my life I feel properly dialed in on a tri bike. My previous tri bike was an Argon Mercury, and before that was the Cervelo P3. I never felt comfortable on either bike because I needed a frame geometry with less reach. So the bike felt strong, but the run off the bike was a bit sluggish. All in all, a good race! It was lots of fun catching up with so many familiar faces, and it was a perfect morning for a triathlon. The Leamington Tri is always one of my favourites, and I was really happy that I participated this year. Congrats to Gervs, who pushed me hard--the boy is fit. Congrats to Travis who raced well--and just graduated high school with a 95% average! Congrats to the Warrior King Jim Cooke, who claimed another win in his age-group. Results here.

Then it was off to the cottage for a BIG family reunion. A contingent 30 strong congregated to the cottage. It was nice to be done a triathlon and back home with family by 11am--a productive morning and the rest of the day was all about maximizing family time. We all feasted, and I got schooled in an intense 2h game of soccer by my talented nephews 1/4 my age. It was ridiculous fun. By the time we (BJAM) arrived home in Guelph Sunday evening, we were all completely pooped and ready for a coma.

No comments: